A unique experience – learn how to become a chef de Cave producing your own special blend of champagne.
Pierre and Daniella Fresne organise a special champagne blending workshop, exclusive to 3D Partners, at their family-run champagne house near Reims, Champagne.
The morning is aimed at being informative but above all fun!
- You will have the opportunity to gain an insight into all aspects of champagne making; the pressing process, fermentation, the difference between cuvée and taille, why the wines are separated into different tanks and cuves etc.
- Pierre will provide a tutored tasting of base wines including: Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, reserve wines, barrel-aged wines and red wines for rosé blends. He will discuss the elements that each variable contributes to a blend – you will be given a summary of this information so you can refer to it later whilst blending.
- You will then split into groups and be assigned a blend to create – a non-vintage, vintage or rosé blend from the base wines tasted earlier. This will take approximately 30-45 minutes. Each sample bottle will be labelled with the tank number and a brief description of the contents.
- Each group will then present their special blends – everyone will get to taste them of course!
- Finally, Pierre will round off the mornings with a tasting of a selection of champagnes at various stages of maturity – one less than 15 months (so not officially champagne), a young non-vintage and an old vintage. You will discover how bubbles, yeast and time affect champagne.
Notebooks, pens, and palate-cleansing biscuits will be provided on the day.
A superb 3-course lunch will be provided.
£98 per person
For booking details please email email@example.com